In the past three days I have been battling with how to program against abstractions in clojure. I found a solution, and I spent time refactoring and rewriting tests to use abstractions in most of the places where I have state. After I finished doing that I wrote a few new tests and got them to pass.
I found that I feel comfortable writing a project that solely is exercised via the test runner. This is a cool place to be in about two 3 weeks into learning clojure and a little bit more than two weeks into the challenge.
Now, the problem is that I am too comfortable. Today I felt great and productive on my pacman project, but I didn’t really learn anything new. It was a good day consolidating knowledge, but I feel that I can keep going like this for a while.
So tomorrow I am going to start taking the game library and attempt to put what I have so far in a GUI. This will force me to learn java interopt and I will have to look around for clojure libraries.